We provide timely, accurate and affordable accreditation testing for an extensive range of biomedical devices.
- Verify as recommended by the medical equipment manufacturer;
- Verification of procedures undertaken by the medical equipment user;
- Level and reliability of in-built self-testing, or self-verification within the medical equipment;
- Cross verification within a single test regime, e.g. rate meter checked when alarm function checked;
- Stability/maturity of technology;
- Operational environment in which the medical equipment is used;
- Operational experience with the medical equipment, or similar types of devices, such as failure rate
- Requirements of the preventive maintenance identified at the time of medical equipment acceptance.
Physical Inspection (AS3551:2012)
- Check equipment is free from external damage.
- Where internal damage to the medical device is suspected, a check that internal assemblies are secure, such as relays, connectors and printed circuit boards.
- Check for any damage or defect in the accessories, such as connectors, plugs, appliance
- coupler and sockets.
- Check that cord grips and protective casing, are effective.
- Check expiry date on critical components and accessories, such as batteries, patient electrodes.
Calibration & Safety Testing
- Testing of all patient inputs and outputs functions by applying calibrated patient simulated signals to ensure equipment is operating within manufacturers calibrated specifications.
- Electrical safety testing and tagging.