Medical Equipment Accreditation Testing for Compliance
We provide Performance Verification and Safety Testing of all your medical equipment to Australian Standards and to ensure industry accreditation and compliance obligations are met.
We can test and repair a wide range of medical devices, including but not limited to the following devices:
- AED’s (automatic external defibrillators)
- Digital Blood Pressure
- Electric Beds,
- Oxygen Concentrators
- Oxygen Regulators, Flowmeters
- Patient Scales
- Pulse Oximeters
- Suction Units
- Syringe Pumps
Scheduled Performance & Safety Testing ensures that your medical equipment is ready for use, and complies with Australian Standards AS/NZS 3551:2012, “Management Programs for Medical Equipment”
Scheduled Testing includes the following elements:
- Performance & Safety Testing
- Servicing minor repairs and parts replacement
- Calibration assessment
- Compliance Tagging to Australian Standards
- Risk Assessment Rating Report
- Life Expectancy Assessment Report
- Medical Equipment Recall Alert Service
Service and Repair of Medical Equipment
During their life cycle, most medical devices are regularly maintained and inspected, for performance and safety. Even if the device is working properly when tested, a fault may occur while in use. If a fault is detected during scheduled testing or while in use, U-Tech Medical can assess the equipment and repair as necessary. We can also advise on estimated repair costs compared with replacement costs, to avoid un-economical repair charges.
Service Gas Flowmeters and Regulators
Gas flowmeters, regulators and suction valves, which are intended to be connected pressure regulators for the administration of medical gases must meet the specification requirements of the Australian Standard.
Confirmation that these devices are performing accurately, reliably and within manufacturer’s specifications is a requirement for users of medical gases.
It is recommended that seals and filters are replaced on an annual basis, and regulator seat on a 3-year basis.
Service and Calibration of Vaccine Refrigerators
The “National Vaccine Storage Guidelines” recommends that Vaccine Fridges are serviced every 12 months to ensure that they are in good working order.
U-Tech Medical can provide this service to ensure the following:
- Service, maintenance, and calibration records are documented
- Check that the Refrigerator is free from water or coolant leaks, the
- compressor operates quietly, the seals are in good condition, and the door closes properly.
- Check the exposed coils on the back of the fridge are clean free from dust to improve operating efficiency.
- Test and re-calibrate the data logger as required
- Test the accuracy of the thermometers